The Haighs Aussie Adventure

On the 29th April 2005 the Haighs left the UK to embark on a new beginning in Adelaide South Australia and arrived the 5th May after 4 days in Singapore. This is our web page to show how our journey unfolds. There will be regular photos and updates so keep coming back to look!!! Please feel free to leave comments just click the green link at the end of each post. Happy Reading!!! candicehaigh@msn.com

Sunday, January 01, 2006

New Year

So New Years Eve approached and I was dreading it. Usually we spend it with close friends getting very drunk and having a ball. This year we as a family wnet out to a lovely Italian restaurant and it was lovely, the kids were great, the food was fab but my emotions were horrid. We had been invited to some friends to celebrate the New Year but my heart just wasn't in it, I missed my mum and just wanted to be there with her. We went to our friends and the minute I stepped in I knew I didn't want to be there, the kids were not very happy either and darren could feel that things were just not right. We left the party about an hour after we arrived and tried to park at Glenelg where there was a big family celebration on the beach with fireworks and stalls etc but couldn't park so went home. I was in bed at 10/30 and cried myself to sleep. darren woke me up at midnight to wish me happy new year and tell me mum was on the phone but I couldn't talk to her I was too upset.

New years day however was very different I was more positive and called my mum at her midnight and we went to the pics with the kids to see Narnia and had a really lovely day. Came home had a great meal and played games with the kids and spent quality time together. New years day and boxing day were the best 2 days over the holidays and now we have conquered the first xmas in Oz next year we will be more prepared and have a different agenda me thinks!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Counter
Counters