The Haighs Aussie Adventure

On the 29th April 2005 the Haighs left the UK to embark on a new beginning in Adelaide South Australia and arrived the 5th May after 4 days in Singapore. This is our web page to show how our journey unfolds. There will be regular photos and updates so keep coming back to look!!! Please feel free to leave comments just click the green link at the end of each post. Happy Reading!!! candicehaigh@msn.com

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Mum Leaving Day





Well the day had finally come round when mum had to leave. I had the sickest feeling in my stomach all night and when I woke up I wanted to sleep forever. We had some pics by the tree with the kids and the banner they made then off to the airport. It was such a distressing time I was a wreck really. The check in at the airport was awful as I saw mums bags go I was heart broken. The kids were distraught and none of us could stop crying. We wnet for a coffee and tried to have a few final fun happy moments but the time was clouded with the inevitable goodbyes that were to come. I was inconsolable and couldn't stop crying, I felt sick and literally felt like my world was falling apart.

The time to say goodbye came and we did so amid masses of tears and heartbroken sobs and turned away to leave and as we left throught the doors the kids just broke free from us and ran back to mum screaming. It was awful and they were so desperatly upset and we had to prise them away from mum which was even more upsetting. We never turned tound once we left as I couldn't bear seeing mum upset anymore and we left the airport. The day was the most horrid day ever I cried all day and now (March) have just had a week where I havent cried. Life goes on and we all get over these upsetting stages but boy it was hard and even at times I contemplated returning to the Uk but knew that the reasons we left would still be there and we would in time regret returning. Mum is already planning her months here next year so we have that to look forward to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Counter
Counters